The ability to make this gift directly from IRA accounts is now a permanent part of the U.S. tax code. The gift amount counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and your taxable income is lowered by the amount of your qualified charitable distribution (QCD). Gifts must be completed before December 31 to be eligible in the current tax year.
- You must be at least age 70½.
- The gift should come directly from your IRA account, in the form of a check.
- The gift may come from a Traditional or a Roth IRA (special exclusions may apply to other types of IRA accounts).
- Although there is no tax deduction, there is NO income tax on the withdrawal.
What are the advantages?
- You benefit St. Anthony Retreat & Conference Center’s work in a meaningful way today.
- Meet your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- Pay no income tax on the amount withdrawn for your gift.
- Give above your deductible charitable limit of 60% of adjusted gross income.
How do I give? Please have your IRA plan administrator send a check to:
St. Anthony Retreat & Conference Center
PO Box 249
Three Rivers, CA 93271
Accompanying paperwork should clearly identify (1) your name and address, and (2) if your gift is intended for a specific project or for Area of Greatest Need.
Please contact us directly for our Tax ID number.
Need help or additional information? Please contact Julia Fracker [email protected]
The IRA Charitable Donations provision is part of House Resolution 2029 (H.R. 2029, Division Q, “Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015”) signed into federal law on December 18, 2015.