Click here to apply as a charity
to participate in the 2020 Festival of Trees!
The Festival of Trees is an important event, not only for the retreat center but for all the non-profits that participate. For this reason, we have sought out a way to conduct the event virtually so that we may continue the tradition of bringing the community together and supporting the important work of the many charities throughout the Central Valley.
How will we host a Virtual Festival of Trees?
- The Auction will take place over one week from Nov 15-21. We will have an online auction system in which people can place bids from the comfort of their homes. The “online” portion of the auction will open on Sunday, November 15 and close on Saturday, November 21, early afternoon.
- In the evening of November 21, we will finalize the auction with a live auction using Zoom. By having the auction for a week and ending with a live auction, we will enable people to raise the bids for the trees and, hopefully, generate excitement and energy in the final moments.
- Online video programming to be aired during the week of the event. We will market each tree and promote each non-profit through a series of pre-recorded Spotlight videos highlighting each tree, the non-profit, and how each organization has been impacted by COVID-19.
- Each Spotlight video will include a fun, interactive game designed to generate excitement and interest in each video. A prize will be awarded to the winner of each game.
When will we need to have our trees completed?
- We will need all trees by November 2. All trees will need to be set up at the new Chapel located at Santa Teresita Youth Conference Center by November 2. This is so that we will have time to photograph and film each tree along with a video profile of each non-profit.
- We will not be able to ship trees*, so the winning bids will need to be able to pick up the tree in Three Rivers. *We may consider shipping if the recipient pays all shipping costs and acknowledges that we will not be held liable for any damages during shipping.
For more information, please review our Tree Rules, Timeline, and information on Spotlight Videos.
|Tree Rules||Timeline||Spotlight Videos|